ALMA AGM held on 25th August 2012
An ALMA AGM was held on Saturday 25th August 2012.
The following matters were brought up by the membership and discussed during this AGM.
- Previous minutes
- Accounts for Financial year 2011/2012
- Council charges for hall for ACEP classes
- The Community Development Centre initiative
- The Janaza Fund
- Moon sighting for commencement of Ramadan
A new executive committee was unanimously elected into office by the membership for the period 2012-2014. The office bearers, duly elected, were:
- Ubaidur Rahmaan - President
- Ameer Faizal - Vice President
- Rafi Mubarak - Secretary
- AlisaBri Haniffa - Treasurer.
- Ramzeen Casim
- Jabeer Cader
- Makkeen Musthafa
- Zameel Kaleel
- Rumey Jiffrey
- Sis. Zareena IBrahim
- Sis. Kamila Firdouse
- Br Fazal Bawa - finance auditor
For the current committee click here
After the acceptance speech by the incoming president, the meeting was adjourned and followed by a formal buffet dinner for all attendees.
At a later stage, the ALMA executive committee (EXCO), in line with the constitution nominated Brother Razikeen Dole and Sister Shimla Bawa as the EXCO members. In addition to this, Br Rumey Jiffrey was appointed as the Editor and Br Ramzeen Casim was appointed as the Liaison Officer to deal with the council related matters.
The event was well attended by a large cross section of the ALMA membership. All posts were filled unanimously.